We’ve launched our most important holiday appeal in a hundred years
The 2020 Tree of Hope holiday appeal needs to raise $60,000
The 2020 Tree of Hope holiday appeal has begun. For more than a hundred years our Children’s Aid Society has been helping the kids we serve over the holiday season. This year, because of COVID-19, we’re facing one of the greatest challenges we’ve ever faced, and we need your help. For the first time ever we’re not collecting toys. Instead, we’re issuing gift cards to families to buy their own toys. We’re also giving families direct support to get other things – winter clothing, beds and bedding, baby cribs and strollers and more. At the same time, we know the families we serve need more help. COVID-19 has been tough on every family. But for the kids we serve, it’s been tougher. For all these reasons, we’ll need more money than in previous years. Much more. In fact, we recently increased our target from $50,000 to $60,000 to meet the needs.
Here’s a real story of one of the kids referred to the Tree of Hope. Noah is only five years old but has faced some difficult challenges. Up until October he was living in a shelter in Kingston with his father. They’ve found a new place to live and have asked the Tree of Hope for educational toys, clothing and things for his new bedroom. We’ll provide everything they asked for their new home.
Kids like Noah need help this holiday season. But more important they need hope. That’s what we’ve been giving KFL&A kids for a hundred years. We’re asking you to make a donation to make it happen. If there ever was a time to support the Tree of Hope it is now. Hundreds of children, youth and families are counting on us. Can we count on you?
Are you a Family that needs help?
The Tree of Hope only
helps families served by our Children's Aid Society. If you are an existing client, please contact your worker. If you are not a client, we encourage you to reach out to other Holiday Appeals in your area for assistance.
DONATE MONEY - OUR PRIORITY
Your donation by cheque or credit card, by mail or online will give us the flexibility to help each family.
- GIVE ONLINE WITH A CREDIT CARD. Click here to make an online donation and receive an instant charitable tax receipt.
- MAIL US A CHEQUE. Make a cheque payable to “Family and Children’s Services” and put “Tree of Hope” on the envelope or the memo line. Mail it to: DONATIONS. Family and Children’s Services. 817 Division Street, Kingston, Ontario K7K 4C2.
- VISIT US. You can drop off money or cheques. YOU MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT to deliver them. Use the web email form below to arrange a time. With an appointment you can visit us our Kingston office in 817 Division Street or in Napanee at 99 Advance Avenue.
- GET YOUR BUSINESS OR ORGANIZATION INVOLVED. There are several ways you can help, from taking money at your cash register to holding a special fundraising event. Contact us for help starting your own campaign.
- DOWNLOAD A DONATION FORM. D3-C TOH18-FORMFILL. You'll need it if you're donating money or a cheque.
DONATE A GIFT CARD - ONLY LIMITED NUMBERS REQUIRED
- HANDLING. We need limited numbers of donated gift cards. We strongly recommending that you contact us first before you purchase them. We'll use the cards to help selected families.
- TYPE OF CARD. Minimum value must be $25.00. Maximum value should be $100. Pick a gift card that can purchase toys, but also consider cards for books, food, household and/or personal items. We strongly encourage gift cards be for local stores rather than online ones (because not all clients have an Internet connection or credit cards for online purchases).
- DELIVERING THE CARDS. Gift Cards will ONLY be accepted at our Kingston office at 817 Division Street. YOU MUST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT to deliver them. Use the web email form below to arrange a time.
- NOTE. Rules for donated gift cards are subject to change. Please check back frequently to keep current.