2021 APPLICATION GUIDE
FUNDING FOR SERVICE RECIPIENTS AND FORMER SERVICE RECIPIENTS AGED 18-30 FOR POST-SECONDARY OR LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
WHAT IS IT?
- The Futures Fund is a charitable program funded by donations and operated by our Agency.
WHO DOES IT APPLY TO?
- Service recipients and former service recipients of our Agency.
- Aged 18-30. (17 if you are graduating from high school and applying to post-secondary).
WHAT DOES IT SUPPORT?
- Bursaries for college or university programs.
- Life Opportunities including:
- Health & Wellness.
- Culture & Heritage.
- Transitioning to Adulthood.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
- Applications must be received by May 27, 2021.
- Funds are limited. Awards from the Futures Fund are based on need. Not all who apply will receive an award.
- Awards are decided by a committee made up of staff members.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- If you are a current service recipient, contact your worker.
- Ask them to help you fill out an application form.
- An essay explaining your situation is highly recommended.
- If you are a former service recipient, visit the Agency’s website at: https://www.facsfla.ca/how-to-give/futures-fund-applications.
- Once we have received your inquiry, we’ll verify your identity.
- You will need to fill out an application form sent to you by the Agency
- An essay explaining your situation is highly recommended
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to FamilyandChildren@FACSFLA.CA
with the following:
- Your full name
- Your birth date
- Your current address
We'll get back to you with a few questions to verify your identity and then send you an application form to complete. The deadline for aplications is June 1, 2020, but we strongly recommend
that you apply at least two weeks before then.