2021 APPLICATION GUIDE
FUNDING FOR SERVICE RECIPIENTS AND FORMER SERVICE RECIPIENTS AGED 18-30 FOR POST-SECONDARY OR LIFE OPPORTUNITIES.
WHAT IS IT?
- The Futures Fund is a charitable program funded by donations and operated by our Agency.
WHO DOES IT APPLY TO?
- Service recipients and former service recipients of our Agency.
- Aged 18-30. (17 if you are graduating from high school and applying to post-secondary).
WHAT DOES IT SUPPORT?
- Bursaries for college or university programs.
- Life Opportunities including:
- Health & Wellness.
- Culture & Heritage.
- Transitioning to Adulthood.
WHAT ARE THE RULES?
- Applications closed on May 27, 2021. Please check back for details about the application guide for 2022.
- Funds are limited. Awards from the Futures Fund are based on need. Not all who apply will receive an award.
- Awards are decided by a committee made up of staff members.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- If you are a current service recipient, contact your worker.
- Ask them to help you fill out an application form.
- An essay explaining your situation is highly recommended.
- If you are a former service recipient, visit the Agency’s website at: https://www.facsfla.ca/how-to-give/futures-fund-applications.
- Once we have received your inquiry, we’ll verify your identity.
- You will need to fill out an application form sent to you by the Agency
- An essay explaining your situation is highly recommended
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to FamilyandChildren@FACSFLA.CA
with the following:
- Your full name
- Your birth date
- Your current address
We'll get back to you with a few questions to verify your identity and then send you an application form to complete.