WHERE WE ARE NOW
Ontario has enacted a declaration of emergency to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and protect the public. Our Agency is taking steps to protect its clients, staff, foster parents, volunteers and the public.
OUR AGENCY IS OPEN AND REACHABLE BY PHONE 24/7
(613) 545-3227 or toll-free (855) 445-3227
Government of Ontario
KFL&A Public Health
City of Kingston
County of Frontenac
Lennox and Addington County
THE CURRENT IMPACT ON OUR SERVICES
- Our Sharbot Lake, Sydenham and Northbrook sites are closed. Our Napanee and Kingston offices are open but allowing essential visitors only. To access these sites, please call ahead.
- Prior to anyone entering the building all visitors will be screened. A decision will then be made regarding admission.
- We are following directions from the Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Socities to determine if face-to-face contact will occur. In-person contact will not occur unless the reported information indicates that a child or youth may have been seriously harmed or may be at risk of serious harm, and this cannot be addressed through other means.
- Workers who visit clients may be wearing personal protective equipment such as masks, gloves and more.
- Many of our workers are working from home. They may be using the phone and online platforms to reach out to clients.
- Volunteer services, including our Drive Program, have been suspended.
- We’re not yet sure what the impact of the current crisis will be on our charitable programs – enrichment activities, summer camp, post-secondary bursaries and our annual Tree of Hope holiday appeal. We’re working hard to try to use the donations you’ve given us to help the families we serve. But there have been changes here, too. We have cancelled our annual Futures Online Auction, which was due to start at the end of August. It raises oney to send kids in care to college and university. The START program, our successful two-year pilot tutoring program for kids in elementary, middle and high school, was suspended as soon as schools closed. We’ll update you as soon as we know more about our plans for charitable programs.
- Another change because of COVID-19 is that we have decided to not move forward with hiring summer students. Every year, we rely on students to help us run programs and deliver special services. We value their contributions and their presence will be missed.
OUR LATEST COMMUNITY RESOURCE GUIDE
What to tell your children
What to do at home
Self-Isolating with an abuser